Instructions for Using the Branch 8 Golf Reservation System
In order to use the online reservation system, you must first get onto the Branch 8 Web Site. Once there, go to the menu on the right hand side and under 18 Hole golf click on sign -ups. This will take you to the Tournament and Special Events sign up page. Click on this link and you will see a page of tournament names and dates. Choose the tournament or Special Event you want , click on it, and you will be taken directly to the sign-up sheet.
Your computer screen should now be pretty much filled with a colorized chart showing the name & date, of the tournament at the top. Down the left side are tee times, followed by cost and contact information . Each row of the chart will contain up to four player’s names. The first thing you should always do is read the names to be sure your name is not already entered. If not, proceed as follows:
- Click on the Update Tee Times bar at the very bottom of the screen. This will take you to a second screen with additional choices on the right side.
- Select your name from the drop-down menu.
- Select your preferred tee time from the drop-down menu.
- Select Player 1, 2, 3, or 4 from the Select Golfer drop-down menu.
- Now, carefully verify that your choices will place you in an open slot.
- Enter the password (if you forgot, contact the Golf Chairman).
- Click the Update button. You should see the screen refresh immediately, and your name should appear in the correct position on the chart.Your name will appear in black until we receive your payment. Then it will turn to green.
- To return, click the back arrows on you web browser. You may now select another tournament or return to the Golf Page and explore other pages on the site.
(Note: Corrections can only be done by the Golf Chairman. If you get an error message at the top of the signup sheet you need to let him know what you were trying to do by calling or E-mailing him.)
A note on security: the password above is being given out to all Branch 8 SIR golfers. We will not have individual passwords. So, you are on your honor to use the system correctly. That means, of course, that you shouldn’t divulge the password to non-SIRs. That would only invite trouble. Although outsiders can’t gain entrée to our tournaments, someone might cause harm to the system if they have access.
Another important consideration: if you are going to enter a reservation for someone other than yourself, please be absolutely sure that person intends to play in the tournament. Do not simply assume the person will play. The reason is that once you enter a name you cannot delete it You will have to contact the Chairman to have the name removed. if incorrect names are not deleted, then those tee times will be withheld from other players who should have them.
That’s about all there is to it. It’s simple and easy. We hope you will find it a great convenience.
The Golf Committee